This week I’ve been able to move into the finishing stages of two sculptures that were evading me. My 30 inch project is ready for bisque; here is a side-by-side of that alterations I made to the top/rim area. The changes look subtle, but I did add some height, alter the form, and texture the interior with slip.

file_000

Today I also finished the bottom of my larger coiled piece, which was really really fun. The top is going to be treated in a similar way.

file_000

I also finished some simple cups using the same cone 6 clay, which I intend to use with multiple glazes for some contrast.

file_002