This week I finally finished the top of my coil sculpture, marking the end of its formative stages. Well, mostly. I am having a cracking issue that will need to be addressed with paper slip that I made today. But, other than that, it is ready for bisque and then…….glaze…………………………

file_002

I also made 14 new color variants of the tin white glaze, and 10 new color variants of Jen’s Juicy Fruit. I am awaiting the unload to see what I can use to finish up my sculptures and pots.

file_006

I have also begun making stencils for a clay piece that is going to serve as a base for a wooden sculpture that I made this summer at Penland. To me, it reads as an unfinished piece and I am excited to complete it with a clay counterpart.

file_007