This week, I finished the detail work on a sculpture from last week. I am really enjoying the negative space, which leaves long shadows and a hidden, cavernous feeling. Using the coiling on just selected space rather than all over was a suggestion I got over and over, and I think it is much more effective and dynamic to look at. (Also, quicker).


The rest of the week was filled with experimentation. I made a little foot (solid, and then cut and hollowed out):


I hand built a few more mugs, and am loving the gestural nature of hand built pots.


I am also working on some experiments in slip dipping. I am creating a sort of ladder/DNA strand with tied bits of rope, which will be dipped in slip and burnt out.