After a lot of experimentation, I finally got the enamel to a happy place on the bottom of my sculpture. Today, I put the first layer down on the top, and it should be finished up with another day’s work.

I also fired my triaxial blend on a really nice stoney, runny base glaze using cobalt carbonate, red iron oxide, and copper carbonate.

IMG_5451

I also tested a “lava” glaze, both with and without a black mason stain. I actually like it way more without colorant – it acted a lot different, bubbling up more without any colorant.

IMG_5453

I also fired a few more handbuilt mugs, and they actually survived this time. I used one coat of glaze, so it didn’t crawl and so far, they don’t leak!

IMG_5456