This week, I started building another seed pod inspired by a photo in my book about seeds. (I don’t think there is a colloquial name for the plant, but its real neat.) I built a huge structure with some new cone 6 clay I made, and it was not easy to work with. The day after I spent hours building it, I flipped it over, it was too moist, and it collapsed in my arms. I bottled and corked my frustration, scrapped everything, and started again with my 04 fiber clay, which is much stronger. I also planned out the armature, like an adult.

Most of this week’s work is in a slop bucket, so. C’est la vie.

Here’s a photo of some necklaces I’m about to glaze and fire. That’s all this week.